What is the story you tell yourself about yourself?
More important, what secrets do you keep hidden away,... even from yourself?
Imagine letting go of theses secrets — and the fear, the shame, and the guilt that accompany them — and experiencing a sense of freedom you never imagined possible.
That is the promise and the power of a spiritual writing practice…
And that is the essence of bestselling author Mark Matousek’s message:
When you tell the truth, your story changes. And when your story changes, your life is transformed.
In this 10-minute video, Mark explains how a regular writing practice can be every bit as powerful as meditation, prayer, or yoga. In fact, writing can help free areas of yourself that most conventional spiritual practices never touch.
How? Mark advises to focus on these three steps:
1) Vanquish the “demons at the gate”
2) Identify the meaning behind the story you tell yourself
3) Explore the role that love plays in your life
Don’t miss these highlights that Mark covers in this important video:
- (0:09) — Encountering the demons at the gate
- (1:02) — The hopeful message delivered by fear, dread, and shame
- (3:36) — The core of meaning that runs through your story
- (5:07) — Creating meaning through your choices
- (6:33) — The role that love plays in developing your self-image
And don’t miss 1:43 when Mark explains why the truth is threatening to your ego.
Not only can a spiritual writing practice help you write a more meaningful and beautiful life story, it can stay with you for a lifetime — and your practice is available 24/7.
Have you already benefited from a spiritual writing practice? Would you like to more deeply explore the story of your life? We’d love to hear from you!
Discover how writing can be a gateway to emotional and spiritual freedom in Mark Matousek’s free virtual event, How to Free Yourself Through Writing: 4 Keys for Creating a Transformative Spiritual Practice.
Did you discover something new from Mark in this blog post or elsewhere? Share your thoughts in the comments below.