Do you fear global peace is in the hands of politicians, many of whom are corrupt or ineffectual?
Do you feel helpless to make a significant difference in world affairs?
Well, the truth is you CAN in fact effect change by learning to harness the power of your consciousness — in concert with other like-minded souls — and all from the comfort of your home....
You can not only help change the outcomes of very specific situations (like lowering violence in your neighborhood park), but actually create shifts in the hearts and minds of leaders and decision-makers in support of a global culture of peace.
How is this possible? Through subtle activism, which leverages the power of consciousness-based approaches like global meditation and prayer events to influence collective consciousness.
As individuals in different locations synchronize their meditations on the group heart, group subtle fields are created which encourage social and planetary transformation by amplifying collective wisdom.
While the dynamics of this phenomenon may be subtle, the results promise to be anything but.
The origins of subtle activism actually extend back thousands of years....
As Hindu scriptures state, at its deepest level creation is indivisible. Every thought, every action is a cause whose effect echoes endlessly throughout the Universe.
“Subtle activism is a deep call of the heart and a response to the pain of the world,” says David Nicol, director of the Gaiafield Center for Subtle Activism at California Institute of Integral Studies.
As David explains it, subtle activism operates by planting a seed at a very deep level of the collective mind and heart, creating a vibration which makes the collective consciousness more receptive to positive spiritual qualities... like love, peace and compassion.
As these group subtle fields evolve, they become potent vehicles for personal and collective healing.
In the audio below, David guides you through a Gaiafield Attunement Practice to come into deep resonance with each other and the Earth.
Gaiafield Attunement Practice with David Nicol
Subtle activism has a critical role to play in shifting global consciousness, says David, “because it's clear that part of the movement is what's sometimes called a re-enchantment of the world… a re-emergence of a sense of the sacred… a re-emergence of spirituality.”
And here are 5 takeaways about subtle activism which can help you create a bridge between your personal spiritual practice and making an impact in the world at large:
1. Subtle activism views your spiritual practice as significant in its own right in terms of shifting consciousness in the collective sphere.
2. Subtle activism enables you to extend the transformative power of your spiritual work to the collective realm instead of keeping that wisdom and power confined to the realm of your personal development.
3. Subtle activism supplements, complements and amplifies outer forms of action while inspiring you to engage in creative, grounded, inner forms of action.
4. Subtle activism is not a substitute for more overt, practical forms of inspired action that need to occur in the world, although it is supportive of inspired action that expresses the principles, ideals and inspiration from your inner work.
5. Subtle activism serves as the foundation for a more integrated approach to social change, one that addresses the depth dimension.
Ultimately, as more minds and hearts generate positive thoughts and loving energy, we inch ever closer to critical mass and lasting cultural change.
Another world is not only possible, she’s on her way.
Maybe many of us won’t be here to greet her,
but on a quiet day, if I listen very carefully,
I can hear her breathing.
PS - Enjoy the information included above? If so, you're invited to download David Nicol's free hour-long audio, The Power of Working with Group Subtle Fields: