We had a wonderful staff retreat – so much love on the team!
Everyone commented on how unusual it is to be part of a spiritually-based, truly loving company. We did a good job of mixing “business” and fun as many people had never met before in person, since so many work remotely.
It was especially great to have the Emperor of Fun Matt Weinstein lead us for a cut-loose teambuilding session. We ended with a rock-paper-scissors showdown between Jeffrey and me – the first two people to start the Shift work together WAY back at the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Also at the Retreat, I was particularly pleased by how our draft of the company purpose, mission, vision, values, commitments and practices evolved with group input. Here they are:
COMPANY PURPOSE, MISSION, VISION, VALUES
Our purpose is to support a global shift in consciousness and culture.
Our mission is to inspire people to make the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous way of life.
Our vision is to build a global network of evolutionary change agents through media, education and resources that provide inspiration and transformation from leading-edge luminaries and from each other. We also aim to build a platform that allows this emerging culture to connect, collaborate and cocreate together.
Our core company values:
- Unity within diversity
- Conscious Evolution
Sacred Code of Commitments that we all seek to uphold:
- Walk our talk and embody personal responsibility.
- Honor ourselves, each other, and our world as sacred.
- Engage staff, customers and allies in a loving, transformational way.
- Navigate conflict or challenges with a spirit of peacebuilding, seeking for the gift.
- Fulfill our commitments and our promises, handling breakdowns responsibly.
- Communicate with truthfulness, transparency and authenticity.
- Collaborate rather than compete.
- Cocreate a thriving, compassionate, resilient community.
- Express our highest purpose in our work.
- Embrace sustainability and prosperity on all levels.
Transformative Practices To Support Our Mission, Values and Commitments
- Treat our members with respect and encourage mutual learning and empowerment.
- Regularly appreciate and acknowledge oneself and others for their contributions.
- Share authentically and vulnerably to foster real community.
- Practice forgiveness and compassion.
- Prioritize our well-being practices and respect when others do as well.
- Take responsibility for addressing our fears and feelings of limitation.
- Engage our work as a path to expressing our “gift to the shift.”
- Be playful, have fun and celebrate together.
- Experiment with new ways of doing business and building culture.
- Encourage ideas, feedback and best practices from all levels of the company.