Do you ever get that feeling like there’s something that you are meant to do with your life but you haven’t yet done it?
Do you feel like, in some way, you aren’t the person you were always meant to be?
According to internationally renowned author of Goddesses in Everywoman, Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D., you can take the wheel in your life and become more of the woman you were meant to be by exploring two primary forces shaping your life right now –– the outer influences of society and the invisible, inner archetypal energies stirring within you.
Two Primary Forces Shaping Your Life
As Jean explains, the outer forces that influence your life are the influences of your upbringing — the social, cultural, or familial lessons that are ingrained in your psyche about what a woman’s role in the world should be.
For so many women, these outer forces are remnants of growing up in a world where women were (and still are) pigeonholed into a singular role of motherhood.
For other women these forces are deeply ingrained stories about what kinds of roles a woman can and can’t play in our society — ones they have been conditioned to believe throughout their whole lives.
On the other hand, the inner forces are the unique characters that you are born with, your own inner archetypes, your core personality types that you came into this world with — Jean teaches these as the seven mythological Greek goddesses.
Understanding both of those forces allows you to become conscious of what is acting in you and upon you, so you have the freedom to choose how you use those forces to serve your greater purpose and live your true, authentic Self.
Listen in to this audio as Jean describes the interplay of inner archetypes and outer forces — of ego and spirit — and how you can use myths and archetypes to balance these forces. Once you have the deep awareness of these opposing force, it is only a matter of your own consciousness and choice for you make the right decisions to become the woman you were always meant to be.
Listen in for these highlights:
- (0:01) - The energy of who and what you love as a part of your soul journey
- (0:41) - Making the choices that matter from your soul and how working with your archetypes can help you do that
- (3:10) - Where the deepest form of joy and harmony comes from (according Jungian psychology) and how you can access it
- (5:37) - How we can can connect to the universal energy and become who you were meant to be by becoming concious of how your archetypes and your outer influences interact
- (7:50) - "What do you plan to do with your one, wild and precious life?" (shaping the journey you are on and becoming more true to yourself)
- (9:13) - How one particular goddess archetype will be likely be the biggest source of meaning for you (as well as cause many problems...)
Want to learn more about your core archetype and how it can propel you on a life towards a more purposeful, meaningful, impactful life? If so, join Jean Shinoda Bolen for a FREE online event, Goddesses in Everywoman: How Discovering Your Natural Archetype Can Liberate Your Full Expression.
Did you discover something new from Jean Shinoda Bolen in this article or elsewhere? Share your thoughts in the comments below.