Which of the four elements in nature would you like to call into your life.
You could engage the grounded influence of earth or the changing power of wind…
You could nourish yourself in the cleansing elements of water or ignite the passion and transformation of fire...
Through the meditative practice of drumming, you can connect with and embody the power of nature’s elements by anchoring your rhythm in a distinct sound.
In this 3-minute video, Christine Stevens demonstrates the distinct sounds of the four elements on the frame drum — and how you can evoke the power of these elements through the sacred practice of drumming.
As you shift your paradigm from playing the drum as “music” to making music with a drum as a spiritual practice, you'll begin to forge a deepening connection with nature and invite creativity, sacredness, and meaning into your life.
Don’t miss these highlights:
- (0:01) — How the four elements have a sacred connection to the drum sounds
- (0:52) — Learn to drum out the distinct sounds of nature: air (cha), earth (doum), water (kah), and fire (tak)
- (1:18) — How the consciousness part of drumming is to think “What element do I need?”
- (1:31) — How you can anchor your pattern of drumming in the elements you want to draw into your life
- (1:50) — The quality of speaking through the drum with an intimate demonstration by Christine Stevens
Watch and enjoy Christine Stevens’ joyful demonstration of the ancient and meditative practice of drumming!
Have you ever used drumming for meditation or connection to nature? Share your experiences in the comments below.